Get a Fun Job!!!
Join Growing Tree Toys and enjoy working in a fun and exciting environment. Not only will you be able to enjoy your daily job working for a toy store, you also get to work with some of the greatest people on the planet!
About Growing Tree Toys:
We are more than just a website full of wonderful educational toys - we are a family owned retail institution in our hometown of State College, PA! For over 30 years, our brick and mortar store has been changing the way children play by providing them with the highest quality toys available. After 25 years of selling toys to our local customers, we "opened" GrowingTreeToys.com in late 2003, aiming to provide the same excellent toys and excellent service that has made us successful for years. Each year we help 1,000's of customers in our store and online find the best and most unique toys for the little ones on their list - and we hope to do this for many more years.
AVAILABLE JOB OPENINGS:
Sales Associate, State College, PA (downtown)
Sales Associate (downtown State College, PA)
Apply Online Now >>>
We are currently hiring Sales Associates for our downtown State College, PA store location. The responsibilities of a Sales Associate include ensuring the smooth operation of the sales floor through excellent customer service.
- Develop a strong understanding of products and merchandise
- Attend orientation, employee training and staff meetings to learn product knowledge and company policies
- Ensure customer service standards are consistently met through active floor service activity; ensuring superior level of customer service is given at all times
- Monitoring cleanliness and appearance of floor
- Develop a complete understanding of the web-site business by learning the functionalities and customer offerings
- Solve problems that affect the store's service, efficiency, and productivity
- Maintenance and replenishment of inventory
- Oversee physical inventory preparation and completion as required
- Present positive attitude toward customers, company, product and staff
- Any other duties as assigned by the management
Professional Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn and implement merchandising strategies
- Must have a good attitude and eagerness to learn
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records and documentation pertaining daily activities, projects and goals
- Communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others
- Operate computerized sales system, which includes functions such as sales transactions, data entry, inventory processing and opening/closing store
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards
- A high degree of organization and self-motivation is required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a vigorous physical manner (standing or walking 90% of the workday)
- Ability to reach, lift, twist, turn, bend, stoop, walk and stand, for the full length of the shift
- Previous retail experience in a sales role, specialty store experience preferred, but not required
- Computerized sales system experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to work 15-30 hours/week (looking for sales associates with varied experience, please provide details when completing application)
- Note: If you are a Penn State Student, must be available to work during the summer and through the fall of 2013.
- Dependent upon experience – please indicate desired rate with application
Apply Online Now >>>