CHEM C1000 Science Kit
The CHEM C1000 Science Kit from Thames and Kosmos is a full chemistry course all in one box! This amazing kit will take kids through 75 extensive chemistry experiments, using professional equipment, scientific explanations, step-by-step instructions, full-color images and real chemicals. With more to learn and do than the average high-school level chemistry class, this science kit engages younger children with easy-to-follow explanations and an 80-page manual that covers everything from famous chemists, including the handling lab equipment, chromatography, surface tension and physical properties of fluids, properties of various metals, explanations of observed occurrences and so much more! With more than 10 chemicals included and a plethora of lab equipment (see the features section below for complete contents), it is perfect for mature students with a thirst for scientific discovery! When used in accordance to the provided safety precautions and instructions, this inquisitive kit is safe for children as young as ten. Adult supervision required.
From Thames and Kosmos |
Item # 640118 TK
- Easy to follow, 80-page experiment manual introduces kids to the field of chemistry and explains 75 experiments for to try at home
- Professional quality lab equipment includes: safety glasses, 2 pipettes, 4 test tubes, screw-top jar, test tube rack, measuring spoon, test tube brush, cork stopper, rubber stopper, 2 measuring cups, 2 lids, safety lid opener, plastic basin, pointed glass tube, angled glass tube, light bulb, battery connector, copper wire, 4 wires, carbon rod, and filter paper
- Chemicals include: sodium carbonate, potassium hexa-cyanoferrate(II), calcium hydroxide, copper(II) sulfate, ammonium iron(III) sulfate, litmus powder, ammonium chloride, magnesium strips, sodium bisulfate and hexamethyl-eneteramine
- CAUTION: Adult supervision required.
- This kit contains chemicals and parts that may be harmful if misused. Read caution statements on individual containers and in the manual carefully. Not to be used by children except under adult supervision.