Crystal Growing Science Kit
The Crystal Growing Science Kit from Thames & Kosmos will grow kids intellectual curiosity and learning as each crystal grows! This classic kit includes 15 experiments and the opportunity to grow dozens of crystals, while experimenting with 4 crystals with different growing properties. This kit also allows kids to mold plaster shapes to then grow layers of crystals on, form colored crystals with dye, and mix dye to grow rainbow colored crystals. In addition to these fun items, kids can experiment with crystal growth speed, crystal sizes, and more! This kit will also teach kids about solutions, crystallization, and the chemistry of crystal growing, as well as the structures and geometries of different crystal shapes. To help with all of these experiments, included is a full-color, 32-page experiment manual.
From Thames and Kosmos |
Item # 643552 TK
- Grow dozens of dazzling crystals and conduct 15 experiments with this classic science kit
- Experiment with four chemically different crystals each with different properties, including potassium alum crystals that form regular octahedrons, rapidly growing sodium sulfate crystals, long needle-shaped sodium acetate crystals, and plaster which is made from gypsum crystals
- Mold your own geode — a hollow rock with crystals growing inside — and create a beautiful crystal cavern inside
- Experiment with growing crystals rapidly and slowly, and observe how that affects the crystal structures
- Learn about the energy of crystallization, solutions, crystallization, and the chemistry of crystal growing
- This kit is thoroughly tested and safe and includes a full-color, 32-page experiment manual
- CAUTION: Adult supervision required.
- WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.