Dangerous Book for Boys Electronics Science Kit
Based on the bestselling children's book, the Dangerous Book for Boys Electronics Science Kit presents the electronics every kid should know through fun, engaging, and impressive experiments and activities! In this science kit from Thames & Kosmos, kids will learn about electric current and electrons, conduct hair-raising experiments with static electricity and read a brief history of the research and discoveries associated with electricity and electronics. Featuring over 30 hands-on experiments and projects, the kit includes a 32-page illustrated manual, cardboard circuit board, vibrating motor, 2 LED lights, a capacitor and much more (see more content details below)! In the kit, kids investigate materials to see if they are conductors or insulators; assemble series circuits and parallel circuits; discover the relationships between voltage, current, and power; experiment with resistors, capacitors, diodes, and LEDs; investigate logical circuits and transistors; build an electromagnet, an electric motor, a voltaic pile, a joy buzzer, and a vibrating bug and learn about how some common electronic devices work, such as cell phones, computers, satellites, and televisions. Requires a 9V battery for most experiments; a few experiments require 2-1.5V batteries and one 3V button cell battery for some experiments. Batteries not included. Package measures approximately 11"L x 11"W x 1.5"D.
From Thames and Kosmos |
Item # 600002 TK
- Kids conduct over 30 experiments with electronics
- Includes a 32-page full-color manual, cardboard circuit board, polystyrene block, die-cut cardboard pieces, vibrating motor, 10 jumper wires, 2 LEDs (red and green), 4 resistors, a capacitor, 2 NPN transistors, 9V battery clip, 12 connector clips, 10 zinc washers, 2 metal caps for motor, 2 brass fasteners, 2 push-button switches, 6 large paper clips, an iron nail, 2 wooden sticks, spool of copper wire, ring magnet, sand paper and a rubber balloon
- Requires a 9V battery for most experiments; a few experiments require 2-1.5V batteries and one 3V button cell battery for some experiments - not included
- Package measures approximately 11”L x 11”W x 1.5”D
- CAUTION: Adult supervision required.
- WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
- WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons for children. Discard broken balloons at once.
- WARNING: FUNCTIONAL SHARP POINT
- This set contains chemicals that may be harmful if misused. Read cautions on individual containers carefully. Not to be used by children except under adult supervision.