Sustainable Earth Lab Science Kit
The Sustainable Earth Lab Science Kit from Thames & Kosmos gives kids the tools and information to learn firsthand about environmental problems burdening our planet and how sustainable practices and the sensible use of technology might overcome these issues. The science kit is organized into five main sections: renewable energy, natural resource use, climate change prevention, waste water management, and energy conservation. Exploring these topics by doing hands-on experiments and seeing real results helps young scientists attain a solid grounding in these often abstract and intangible concepts! With this kit, kids construct a miniature water treatment plant and learn how substances in unnatural concentrations can pollute habitats and harm life; manufacture recycled paper and plastic; understand rapid growth in world population; explore the causes and consequences of the greenhouse effect with carbon dioxide tests; experiment with heat transfer and insulation; build devices to explore wind power, water power, and passive and active solar power technology and track down wasteful uses of energy at school and in your home. The kit includes a 48-page color manual, solar cell, water filter column and much more (see full contents below). Additional items needed include common food ingredients, office supplies, kitchen tools and utensils. Box measures approximately 13.75"L x 11.5"W x 2.5"D.
From Thames and Kosmos |
Item # 638016 TK
- Kids conduct 40 experiments in renewable energy, natural resource use, climate change prevention, waste and water management, and energy conservation
- Includes a 48-page full color manual, home and school energy audit sheets, die-cut cardboard, paper sheet, thermometer, motor, solar cell, compass, magnifying lens, impeller wheel, drive axle, wooden stick, aluminum cup, clothespin, water filter column, garden cress seeds, petri dish, thick copper wire, ice cube tray, measuring cup, balloon, fabric netting, funnel, black paper, white paper, battery clip, spool of wire, sandpaper, drinking straw, polystyrene disk
- Additional items needed include common food ingredients, office supplies, kitchen tools and utensils
- Box measures approximately 13.75”L x 11.5”W x 2.5”D
- CAUTION: Adult supervision required.
- WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
- WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons for children. Discard broken balloons at once.
- WARNING: FUNCTIONAL SHARP POINT
- WARNING! — This set contains chemicals that may be harmful if misused. Read cautions on individual containers carefully. Not to be used by children except under adult supervision.