It's no secret that I am in my element as "the boss." I enjoy being in charge and making decisions that drive our business forward… except when telemarketers call -- then I am simply an employee. "I'm sorry, the manager isn't in today. May I take a message?" *wink wink*
All kidding aside, the most important aspect of working with any company is trust. Are they trustworthy? Do they follow through? Are their products top quality? Are they confident in the products that they sell? Do they conduct business honestly? These are all questions we ask when we're evaluating our current brands in the store or thinking about selling a new brand. We need to believe in the brand and know that it's not going to disappoint us or let our customers down. We have quite a few companies that have truly partnered with us as a retailer and in turn, we feel it easy and natural to represent their brand to the very best of our ability. So, we thought we'd start a blog series called "Brand Spotlight" to share with you why we love the brands we sell at The Animal Kingdom.
First up, Zutano!
Where do I even start? We LOVE Zutano. The company, the people, the clothes.
Zutano is a Vermont-based clothing company inspired by a love of babies and the belief that every child's individuality can be celebrated. Each season, they create a versatile line of soft cotton clothing for preemies, newborns, infants, and toddlers. Options are endless with prints, patterns, and textures in both brights and neutrals that are easy to mix and match to create outfits with anything in your child's closet.
Things to note about Zutano:
- Crafted with only the finest natural fiber fabrics and softest cottons
- Comfort, fit, and function are evident in the construction of each product
- High quality, easy care, and long life (built to withstand the test of time!)
- Diverse and thoughtful
- Comfortable, cozy, and cute
- Newborn (preemie), 3 Month - 24 Month, 2T - 4T sizing
- One of the most beloved and influential brands in children's fashion and a leader in exciting design innovation
- The company fosters sustainable business practices
What inspires the Zutano team?
"We are 100% authentic to baby. We truly live it. Our children are everything. Our love. Our lives. Our inspiration. We bring our babies to work at Zutano, and we bring their energy and playfulness into every product and decision we make. We are more than just a brand; we are a likeminded group of passionate individuals who are trying to make a difference in this world, one child at a time." To read more about the Zutano company, click here.
Positive Impact Behind the Scenes:
"Zutano takes the concept of family one step further through a unique factory relationship that is unlike any other brand in the baby product industry. Rather than cut corners and sacrifice quality for the sake of capital gain, Zutano has committed itself since day one to craft its baby clothing at a small, multi-generational family-owned factory in Macau. This exclusive and dedicated factory relationship means it shares equal passion for Zutano's products, resulting in superior quality and value that is unmatched in the industry.And it's not just a working relationship. Zutano's founders—Uli and Michael Belenky—and the family that owns the factory simultaneously raised newborns to adulthood, sharing an invaluable common bond."
Best Sellers from Zutano:
- Reversible Zip-Up Hoodie (preview of two new Spring 2014 prints -- coming soon!)
- Cozy Baby Booties - ingenious 2-snap system and above the ankle fit… they actually stay ON baby's feet!
- Baby Pant and Skinny Legging - versatile, soft and a great fit! Endless color options!
- Kimono Style Onesie - side snaps that make dressing baby easy, no over the head motion!
Well, what would a Brand Spotlight post be without a giveaway?! Comment on this blog post for a chance to win a Zutano Shirt for your little one! (Your choice, in-stock only, shipping available.) Tell us: What do you care most about when choosing to shop somewhere? One winner will be chosen using a random number generator. Giveaway ends on Saturday 1/18/14 at 11:59pm and the winner will be posted on the blog on Monday 1/20/14. Good luck! #comment
Lindsay Williamson is a mom, wife, business owner and Instagram addict. When she's not creating magic in her fabulous children's store or hanging out with family and friends, you'll find her running with her dog, planning parties and teaching childbirth classes. #shealsoreallyloveshashtags
Share this post
- 4 comments
- Tags: Baby, Best Sellers, Brand, Children, Children's Store, Choices, Clothing, Growing Up, Kids, Newborn, Parenting, Play, Quality, Shop Local, Shop Small, Shopping, Top Items, Zutano