Hello, my name is Lindsay and I am a See Kai Run shoe addict.
It's true. When my daughter started learning to walk shortly before her 1st birthday, I suddenly realized that we needed shoes... like ASAP. It didn't take long to discover that there was a void in our town when it came to buying quality children's shoes. No one sells them. NO. ONE. After doing thorough research, The Animal Kingdom brought in two phenomenal shoe lines last year, See Kai Run (sizes 4-9) and Rileyroos (sizes 3-24 months). We've filled the void and we have heard from many local moms that they're thankful for a place to see, touch, try on and purchase great shoes for their little ones.
Saoirse is now on her third pair of See Kai Run canvas sneakers and if the running-skipping-hopping blur of a child is any indication, I'd say it's a great fit (pun very much intended!). I am a satisfied mama knowing her feet are happy and healthy... and of course, stylish!
I am going to climb up on my soapbox for a moment. Don't worry, it'll be short and sweet. Your child needs to be in good shoes. It's well worth the money.
Feet Fact #1: The greatest changes in foot growth occur in the first 3 years. On average, a child’s foot will grow a total of 6 inches during the first 10 years. This may mean getting your child a new pair of shoes every 6 to 8 months so make sure they are good shoes!
Feet Fact #2: Kids’ feet endure about 3 times more stress than the average adult foot. When was the last time you jumped out of a tree? Because of the high stress that a child’s foot endures, children should wear shoes with good shock absorption, a well-made foot bed, and durable soles.
You can get a See Kai Run printable size chart here but we would be happy to size your child right here in our store if you're local or visiting.
How to Measure Your Child's Feet:
- Have your child stand on the piece of paper. Mark the longest points of the foot, from the longest toe to the back of the heel. Measure this distance in centimeters to get the length.
- Allow .5 - 1 cm extra when selecting shoe size, more if the child will wear socks with the shoes. Your child's toes will thank you!
- If your child's foot falls in between sizes, round up. The extra room won't be there for long.
- Children's feet grow quickly. Measure at least every 2 months during the first year, and every 3 months from 1–8 years old. You never can tell when your child will have a growth spurt!
When you know better, you do better. This phrase is never more true then when it comes to our children. Now, check out the shoe selection on our website because the fall collection is to die for! Have you seen a See Kai Run shoe that you love but can't find in our line-up? Please e-mail me! (firstname.lastname@example.org) I would be happy to special order it for you. Shop small, support local, right? Here are my fall favorites:
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Baby, Children, Children's Store, Footwear, Kids, Products, Quality, See Kai Run, Shoes